Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does TFT mean? A.) TFT is short for Thin Film Transistor, a type of LCD (flat panel display screen) in which every pixel on the screen is controlled by one to four transistors. TFT technology provides the best resolution of all flat panel LCDs. TFT screens are also sometimes called active-matrix LCDs. Most TFTs are typically manufactured for indoor use and are not sunlight readable without enhancement.
2. What does G2D mean? A: G2D offers a variety of Engineering services. The main area being the ability to bond Glass to Display hence the name G2D.
3. Why doesn't G2D Bond using UV cured adhesives? A: UV curing has some advantages including low cost and speed of curing, however the limited life expectancy and risk the UV Bond will re-solvate makes UV curing undesirable to most manufacturers.
4. How soon can I have my facility ready to Optically Bond? A: Our customers are typically in full production in four to six months.
5. We would like to Bond LCDs in the from 6" up to 20", how much will it cost? The cost to Bond screens in the range is about $1 per diagonal inch. Contact a representative for a custom proposal outlining the equipment required.